Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Banjo, Ukulele, Violin, Cello, Upright Basses and more
We offer every type of repair and service needed for Electric Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, Basses, Ukuleles, Mandolins, Banjos, Violins, Cellos, Upright Basses and more. Any of our in-store sales or service staff can get you a basic estimate on the spot here in our shop. If you'd like to speak directly with our on-site luthier we would recommend that you call us to make an appointment at 1-630-810-1500.
Our turnaround time is generally 5-10 days - often quicker for minor repairs such as Restrings, or bad output jacks. Some repairs take longer due to back-ordered parts. In the fall we get more student instrument repairs which can cause a 5-14 day repair turnaround time.
Remove Strings, Clean Fretboard, Restring, Stretch Strings, Tune to Pitch, Polish Instrument.
- $15.00 - Standard Guitars and Basses
- $25.00 - for 12-String, Floyd Rose & Mandolin.
- $20.00 - for Nylon String & Banjo.
Stringed Instrument Maintenance
Get your instrument to it's best playing condition! Our setups include: Redress frets, clean fretboard, tighten hardware, restring, check and adjust nut slots, adjust truss rod, balance tremolo, set action and intonation, clean electronics, adjust pickup height, clean and polish guitar.
- $45.00 - Acoustic Guitar, Hardtail Electrics & Basses
- $55.00 - Guitars with Locking Tremolo Systems and 12-String Guitars
Electronics Repairs, Modifications, Upgrades
When it comes to instrument electronics, there's not job to big for Modern Music. We offer electronic modifications on all stringed instruments, pickup installation, wiring customization, upgrades and modifications.
- $35.00 and Up
Nut & Saddle Install, Replace and Repair
- $100 & Up - Custom Bone Nut: Hand Crafted cut, shaped & polished.
- $100 & Up - Custom Bone Saddle: Hand Crafted cut, shaped & polished.
- $25.00 & Up - Tusq or Graphite Nut Install and Fit.
- $25.00 & Up - Tusq or Graphite Saddle Install and Fit.
Bridge Repair, Remove, Reglue
It is very common that bridges will pull up or pop right off on acoustic instruments. Modern Music has handled just about every type of bridge repair out there.
- $125.00 & Up - Bridge Remove, Repair and Reglue.
- $50.00 & Up -Basic Bridge repair. This is not always an option and generally only done on lower cost instruments.
Headstock Crack Reglue and Repair
- $175 & Up - Consultation with in-house luthier, repair, rebuild, reglue and refinish.
- $50.00 & Up - Basic repair & reglue. This is not always an option and generally only done on lower cost instruments.
Fretwork and Repair
- $300 & Up - Refret
- $75.00 & Up - Fret Level & Re-Crown
- $35.00 & Up - Fret End File
Structural Instrument Repair
If you're in need of structural repair on your instrument, bring it into Modern Music. There's no repair that our in-house luthier can't handle. From vintage Gibson acoustic guitars getting smashed over peoples heads and having a full back replacement and refinish to minor cosmetic blemishes - we've got you covered.
- $75.00 & Up
Contact us about String Instrument Repairs!
We look forward to hearing helping you any questions you have about getting your instrument repaired. Chat with us live during our store hours, or if we're away, please send us a message and we will get back to you ASAP! To contact us, just simply tap the "Send a Message" box in the lower right corner.