The Apex215 Dual Element Ribbon Microphone delivers much higher sensitivity with a much greater signal to noise ratio than standard single element ribbon designs. The Apex215 does not require phantom power to operate and its entirely passive design delivers stunning realism without introducing electronic noise or circuit distortion to the signal path.
The Apex215's extended figure-8 polar pattern makes it an ideal microphone for use on any number of sources including acoustic guitars, strings, woodwinds and brass instruments (solo or section), acoustic pianos (including grand pianos) and of course, critical solo vocals, harmony vocals or choirs.
Ribbon microphones are sensitive to sudden transients, and care should be taken to protect the ribbon elements from sudden shocks and pops, however they can handle extremely high sustained Sound Pressure Levels (SPL). The Apex215 will easily handle SPL as high as 137dB, making them an ideal choice for close miking guitar amps or for use as overheads on drum kits where stunning realism and a natural space recording quality is required in the mix.
Apex 215 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Dual, Low-Mass Ribbon elements deliver better sensitivity rating than single ribbon designs
- Increased high frequency response
- Low residual noise
- No power supply required
- Fast accurate transient response with stunning realism
- Easily handles ultra-high sound pressure levels (up to137 dB)
- Figure-8 audio directionality with extended sweet spots
Apex 215 Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8
- Frequency Response: 30Hz~18KHz
- Sensitivity: -53dB
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB(A-Weighted)
- Max. SPL (for 1% THD @ 1000Hz; 137Db
- Dimensions (mm): 150 x 30 x 60
- Dimensions (in): 5.9 x 1.2 x 2.4
- Net Weight: 363g / 12.8oz
Modern Music is an authorized dealer of Apex products.