The Traynor YBA200-II all tube bass amplifier head is a Modern Music favorite. Our staff is full of Recording and Touring Bass Players who have used this amp since it's recreation in the early 2000's.
The North American made Traynor YBA200-2 200-watt all tube bass head is built to deliver a solid foundation for any player looking for a great rock, blues or country bass tone.
Designed for maximum dependability under even the most grueling playing conditions, the fan cooled Traynor YBA200-2 uses solid plywood box construction, all-metal handles, nickel corners and an all-metal chassis for unmatched long-term reliability. Four KT88 tube in the power stage, two 12AX7A's and one 12AU7 in the preamp to deliver the warmth and tone you would expect only from a great tube amp.
Basic controls include input gain, master volume and a simple but effective three-band master EQ. Innovative tone shaping features like Scoop, Range, and Resonance controls ensure that any tone can easily be dialed in with a YBA200-2, making it one of the most effective and versatile tube heads in its class.
The Scoop control sweeps from a flat frequency response to a mid-frequency dip at 400 Hz and can be completely bypassed from a separate front panel on/off switch. The Range control shifts the overall shape and general tonal characteristic of the master EQ section of the amp while the Resonance knob controls the damping factor of the amplifier's output stage, allowing the player to take full advantage of the tone of his loudspeaker enclosure.
The use of toroidal transformers reduces the overall weight of the YBA200-2 making it less than 41 pounds, - much lighter than any other high-power all-tube bass amp in this class.
The YBA200-2 has high and low level 1/4-inch inputs, a 1/4-inch tuner output with a switchable mute function that mutes the entire rig and kills the DI output when tuning. The front panel mounted XLR D.I. output has a one-touch ground lift, a 20dB pad and is switchable pre or post EQ.
- 200 watt All-Tube Bass Amplifier
- 4x KT88 power tubes, 2x 12AX7A and 1x 12AU7 preamp tubes
- 3-band Master EQ with Range Control
- Innovative Scoop and Resonance Controls
- 1/4-inch Tuner Output with System Mute Switch
- Switchable Pre/Post XLR D.I. Out with Ground Lift & 20dB Pad
- Power @ Impedance (Watts @ Ohms) - 200 @ 4 or 8 (switchable)
- Minimum Load Impedance (Ohms) - 2
- Burst Power 2-Cycle (Watts) - 250
- Frequency Response (Hz +/-3dB) - 30 to 16,000
- Hum & Noise -90dB
- Instrument Inputs - 2 x 1/4" @ 0dB & -6dB attenuation
- Front Panel Controls - Gain, Treble, Mid, Range (mid frequency), Bass, Scoop, Resonance, Master volume.
- Front Panel Buttons & Jacks - Tuner output, Mute button & LED, Bright button, 1/4" Pre-Amp Out jack with Pre/Post-EQ select button, 1/4" Amp In jack (isolates the output stage for in-series effects patching w/Pre-Amp Out jack), XLR Line Out connector with -20dB Pad select button and Ground/Lift select button, Standby & Power switches with 2-color pilot light
- Back Panel Features - 2 x 1/4" parallel Speaker jacks, Speaker Load switch (optimizes for 8 or 4 Ohms overall)
- Line Out Level - 1V (100mV with -20dB Pad engaged)
- Amp In Sensitivity - 1V
- Tube Complement - 12AX7 x 2, 12AU7 x 1, KT88 x 4
- Dimensions (DWH, in.) 11.5 x 22.5 x 9.5
- Weight (lbs) 44
Modern Music is an authorized dealer of Traynor products.