Delivering outstanding low-frequency performance, the 1500 watt (Peak) LS720P powered subwoofer has been designed from the ground up to be the ideal companion for any medium sized live sound or DJ PA. Intended for a variety of applications, the LS720P uses a single long excursion 15-inch woofer to deliver maximum output over the entire 40 to 150 Hz range.
The LS720P has sophisticated processing circuitry that protects the driver while maximizing the use of the available power. This processing has been carefully optimized to complement the characteristics of the driver and enclosure system. The fast limiter protects against clipping and over excursion. It is located with both high and low pass filters on either side of the limiter to guarantee that only the correct frequency content reaches the driver. The slow (RMS) limiter is equalized to adjust for the impedance variations of the loudspeaker system over frequency. This ensures the maximum output of continuous bass prevalent in today's music while ensuring protection of the driver against overheating. The carefully tailored attack and release times ensure that the maximum level is available from the system.
The input section in the LS720P allows for a variety of system configurations. There are two input sections allowing two signals to be blended into the LS720P. This allows stereo left and right signals to be summed into one LS720P while preserving channel seperation of the stereo signals. Each input section has XLR male and female jacks to allow loop thru of line level signals. In addition one input section also has two 1/4-inch jacks that may be used for loop thru of line or speaker level signals. Within each section all jacks are connected in parallel.
Simple controls on the LS720P include input gain (Volume), variable high frequency cut-off and low-frequency tunable bass boost. The variable high frequency cutoff is adjustable from 90 to 150 Hz to trim the subwoofer's low-pass filter to match any full range cabinet. A low-frequency tunable bass boost adjustable from 45 to 90 Hz has been included to allow subtle customizing of the bass character.
Proven Class D amplifier technology allows the LS720P to operate without a fan while preserving ample thermal margin. The low heat dissipation of this technology eliminates the need for large, heavy heat sinks while the lightweight neodymium-based driver further reduces overall weight.
The LS720P uses a solid 5/8th-inch 11-ply Russian birch plywood cabinet construction with an all-metal heavy gauge perforated grille to protect the speaker and electronic components. Integrated all metal bar handles and metal speaker-stand pole-mount have been included.
Modern Music is an authorized dealer of Yorkville products.
- Integrated 1500 Watt Amplifier (Peak - 720 Watts Program)
- 15-inch Woofer
- Max SPL 135dB Peak (128dB Continuous)
- 40Hz - 150Hz with Adjustable HF Roll-Off
- 45hz - 90hz Variable Boost Frequency
- Paralleled XLR and 1/4-inch Selectable Line or Speaker Level Inputs
- Excursion, Peak and Thermal Woofer Protection
- Integrated All Metal Speaker Pole Mount Adaptor
- Solid 5/8-inch (15mm) Birch Plywood Construction
- Made in Canada
- System Type Powered Subwoofer
- Active or Passive Active
- Program Power (Watts) 720 Watts (1500 Watts Peak)
- Max SPL (dB) 135dB Peak (128dB Continuous)
- Frequency Response (Hz +/- 3db) 40 - 150adjustable
- Driver Configuration 15-inch w/ 3-inch voicecoil
- LF Protection Electronic Limiting (Excursion,Thermal, Clip)
- Cooling Scheme Passive convection
- Power Cable Detachable IEC
- Power Switch Yes
- Power Consumption (typ/max) 230VAC 50 Hz 1.2A
- Inputs - 1/4" Jacks 1 In, 1 Link Out
- Inputs - XLR Left and Right Male/Female Link
- Level Controls Main Volume
- EQ Controls HF Cut-off 90 - 150Hz
- Limiter RMS / Peak / Current
- LED Indicators Power / Limit / Clip
- Other Controls / Features Selectable line orSpeaker level input
- 45Hz - 90Hz variable boost frequency
- Feet Rubber
- Bar Handles 2 Side Mounted
- Pole Mount Adapter (1 3/8"-3.5cm) Top
- Enclosure Materials 15mm (5/8-inch) 11-plyRussian Birch
- Grille Heavy Gauge perforated metal
- Covering / Finish Black Ozite Carpet
- Dimensions (DWH xbackW, inches) 21.5 x 18.1 x22.75
- Weight (lbs/kg) 74.5 / 33.8